CI teens learned that a local home for disabled children was in desperate need of support. Conditions were terrible and food was scarce.
The teens donated bedding and food, and also organized a day of fun activities for the kids. In the process, they learned valuable skills and the importance of giving back to their community.
1. Assess community needs using surveys and interviewing residents and public officials.
2. Draft ideas into proposals to meet community needs.
3. Review, select and finalize the best projects.
4. Plan, budget and manage their projects.
5. Enlist volunteers and local partners (schools, health clinics, businesses and government agencies).
6. Evaluate their project’s results.