For children in poverty, childhood is a series of setbacks that never allows them to get ahead or envision a better future. Life doesn't come with guarantees like medical treatment for illnesses, having shoes to wear to school and getting an education. Negative early experiences impact a child’s ability to grow, leaving them trapped in a cycle of poverty. Your sponsorship or gift creates lasting change for the children in the communities we serve by providing access to life-changing education programs, crucial health and dental services, career workshops and more.
- The Haves and the Have-Nots: A Brief and Idiosyncratic History of Global Inequality, Branko Milanovic, 2010
- World Bank “Dollar a Day Revisited,” 2009
- World Bank Group
- UNICEF State of the World’s Children, 2013
- United Nations Millennium Project - Fast Facts: The Faces of Poverty
- The World Bank, Year in Review: In 14 Charts, December 21, 2018
- Results.Org, World Poverty and What you Can Do About It
- Npr.org, What’s the Meaning of the World Bank’s New Poverty Lines?
- Lifewater.org, 9 Poverty Statistics that Everyone Should Know, January 28, 2020
- Unicef.org, Nearly 385 Million Children Living in Extreme Poverty, says Joint World Bank Group - Unicef Study October 3, 2016.
- Un.Org, World Economic Situation And Prospects: October 2019 Briefing, No. 131, October, 2019,
- Worldbank.org, Poverty Overview, October 2, 2019.
- Dosomething.org, 11 Facts About Global Poverty