Education doesn't have a one-size-fits-all solution.
Your support is invested in helping kids complete secondary school using a wide range of tools to make it happen: providing school fees, uniforms, supplies, tutoring and scholarships.
Why focus on education?
Going to school — and not dropping out — is absolutely essential to building a future free from poverty.
By helping kids finish secondary school, they are in a much better position to take advantage of opportunity and find employment in the future.
Our education programs support the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for 2030. No. 4 is: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. Learn more about SDG No. 4 here.
How (specifically) does your support help kids?
Kids enrolled in our sponsorship program have access to the just-right mix of resources, based on location, age and life circumstances. What is sponsorship? Find out more.
Here are some of the ways your support is used for education:
- Providing material support for supplies, uniforms, shoes or books
- Awarding scholarships to attend vocational school, college or other higher education institutions
- Working directly with parents to ensure their kids are enrolled in school
- Tutoring kids — either one-on-one or in groups
- Partnering with existing educational facilities in the community
- Educating parents on how to improve interactions with their kids at home
- Creating resources in our community centers like computer labs and libraries available to local schools.
Did you know? Starting early matters! Kids who participated in early childhood development (like preschool) achieve higher education and make more money as adults. Check out more facts about poverty and education issues here.