Does supporting antipoverty organizations do any good? Yeah, big time. Find out how giving goes a long way to helping those in poverty.
Over the past 20 years, global poverty has been cut in half with extreme poverty declining in every region of the developing world.
The current generation has been called “the first generation in history that can end extreme poverty” by the World Bank (in 2015).
In 2013, the largest source of charitable giving came from individuals — yep, people like you!
People are giving of their time as well! In 2014, 64.5 million adults volunteered 7.9 billion hours of service!
- The Economist, 2012, World Bank Research Group
- World Bank, World Bank Forecasts Global Poverty to Fall Below 10% for First Time, October 2015
- National Philanthropic Trust, 2014
- National Philanthropic Trust 2014
- United Nations, National Resources Defense Council