- Team Impact
A lack of vegetation in an impoverished Colombian neighborhood made the area prone to mudslides. This caused latrines to be swamped, spreading disease.
CI teens planted trees in their neighborhood’s most barren and vulnerable spaces, gaining critical project management experience in the process.
1. Assess community needs using surveys and interviewing residents and public officials.
2. Draft ideas into proposals to meet community needs.
3. Review, select and finalize the best projects.
4. Plan, budget and manage their projects.
5. Enlist volunteers and local partners (schools, health clinics, businesses and government agencies).
6. Evaluate their project’s results.