Your support is an investment in the future, helping disadvantaged kids stay in school and complete their education. When you make a gift to our education programs, you provide the resources and opportunities children and youth need, from kindergarten through high school, and beyond.
How does your support help kids?
When they are enrolled in our sponsorship program, kids gain access to the educational tools they need to succeed, based on age, location and their own unique life circumstances. Keeping young children from falling behind early is critical to their academic success. Providing resources that keep them on track so they can graduate from high school is the next vital step. Then, as they graduate from our program, HOPE is there for them to continue their education.
Here are some of the ways your support is used for education:
- Providing necessities for school, so students have things like uniforms, shoes or books
- Awarding annual, renewable scholarships to attend vocational school, college or other higher education institutions
- Working with parents to ensure their kids are enrolled in school
- Tutoring in groups with objectives that are aligned to the national curriculum of each country
- Partnering with existing educational facilities in the community
- Educating parents on how to improve interactions with their kids at home
- Creating resources in our community centers like computer labs and libraries, available to local students.
Did you know? Starting early matters!
Kids who participated in early childhood development (like preschool) achieve higher education and make more money as adults. And as they successfully complete high school and enter adulthood, our youth need support beyond sponsorship. They’ve come this far, and now they need a final boost to attend college or vocational school. They need your SUPPORT OF HOPE SCHOLARSHIPS.
Why focus on education?
Going to school — and not dropping out — is absolutely essential to building a future free from poverty.
By helping kids finish secondary school, they are in a much better position to take advantage of opportunity and find employment in the future.
Our education programs support the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for 2030. No. 4 is: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. Learn more about SDG No. 4 here.