- Team Impact
Save some money. Study hard. Achieve your dream! Simple, right?
But life is not that easy for kids like Fanny in Colombia.
1. Her father, a farmer, earned less than $10 a day.
2. She faced discrimination because she’s female.
3. She was at risk for gang-related violence and sexual exploitation.
4. As an unskilled teen, she faced twice the unemployment rate of unskilled adults — all fighting for the worst jobs available.
1. She was an excellent student.
2. She had a talent for science.
3. She had the foundational support from Children International on which to build a solid future.
4. Bonus! She qualified for and earned a HOPE* scholarship from CI.
*Helping Overcome Poverty through Education
That extra financial aid allowed Fanny to begin studies as a nursing assistant. Eventually, she wants to work in occupational health. Maybe as a doctor. She says she wants to make her family proud and help her community.
Discover why we’ve got such faith in this dedicated young woman!
Make a donation to support CI’s HOPE scholarship and Career Readiness programs.
Helps teens pay for extra education when a family can’t afford it, such as vocational training and post-secondary school (including tuition, books and transportation).
Teens learn job skills, practice writing résumés, participate in mock interviews, and receive career counseling and vocational training to begin their path out of poverty.
Check out a few inspirational stories of sponsored teens’ success due to generous people like you!
Are you sure?