- Team Impact
Save some money. Study hard. Achieve your dream! Simple, right?
But life is not that easy for kids like Levy in Zambia.
1. His father died when he was 4 years old.
2. He faced serious health issues, leading to surgery at age 8 for a benign tumor in his throat.
3. Missed school put him in danger of falling behind in his education.
4. Only 4 percent of Zambian teens make it to college. Levy was at risk of becoming another statistic.
1. He was an excellent student.
2. As a sponsored child, had the foundational support from CI on which to build a solid future.
3. CI’s youth leadership training gave him the confidence to reach for his dreams of a good, stable job.
4. He earned a HOPE* scholarship from CI and recently graduated from college.
*Helping Overcome Poverty through Education
That extra financial aid allowed Levy to stay in school and earn his degree. “HOPE scholarships are something that the community needs,” he emphasizes. “When you look these children … it is so hard for them to unleash their dreams without getting an education.
“Being with CI,” says Levy, “has been an amazing, successful and rewarding experience. My life simply changed for the better!”
Make a donation to support CI’s HOPE scholarship program.
Check out a few inspirational stories of sponsored teens’ success due to generous world-changers like you!
Are you sure?